COVID Relief Grant-In-Aid Program
The City of Parksville is offering a one-time COVID relief funding initiative to support non-profit groups providing social, cultural and community support services located in Parksville or serving Parksville residents. At the February 17, 2021, meeting, Council unanimously approved funding of $280,000 for the COVID Relief Grant-in-Aid program.
Deadline for applications is 3 pm, Friday, April 16. If all of the $280,000 has not been allocated, there will be a second intake in the fall. According to the City’s grant-in-aid policy, a select committee will review each application and make recommendations to Council as to whether grants should be approved. Submission details are outlined in the policy.
This COVID Relief Grant-in-Aid program is for registered non-profit groups providing social, cultural and community support services. Groups must be located in Parksville or serving Parksville residents.
Non-profit groups may be eligible for reimbursement of COVID related expenses incurred since March 2020. Examples of expenses include:
- Costs to obtain personal protective equipment
- Enhanced cleaning/ sanitization costs
- Costs to adapt programming or services during the COVID-19 pandemic
- COVID related losses in regular revenue due to the inability to hold annual and ongoing fundraising events
- Barriers, installation or modifications to ensure physical distancing and COVID safety.
Questions about this program should be emailed to: email@example.com