Special Events Procedures
The City of Parksville invites applications from community organizations and private citizens wishing to hold special events at a variety of City-owned venues.
- Parksville Civic and Technology Centre grounds
(100 Jensen Avenue East)
- Parksville Community Park
- Picnic shelter
- Waterfront Walkway gazebo
- Arbutus Point (Labyrinth area)
- Beach volleyball courts
- Kite field
- Skateboard Park
- Springwood Park
- Foster Park (gazebo)
- Off-leash Dog Park (Despard Avenue)
- Individual City green spaces
- City streets for walks, marathons, cycling events and/or parades
For use of the sports fields, lacrosse box and tennis courts, contact the Regional District of Nanaimo, Recreation and Parks Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested parties may obtain copies of the City's Special Events Policy and relevant application forms from the Department of Operations at 1116 Herring Gull Way, from City Hall at 100 Jensen Avenue East, Parksville, or download the policy and forms from the City's website.
Applications for events to be held in 2018 are now being accepted and the review process will begin January 30, 2018. As per policy, where conflicting dates occur, annual events will be given priority provided the request is received no later than the January 29 deadline, after which date the application will be addressed on the same basis as first-time events. First-time events will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis depending on venue availability.
Special event applications received after January 30 must be submitted at least thirty days prior to the event date and will be subject to the same terms and conditions as those applications received prior to January 30, 2018.
For more information, contact the operations department at 250 248-5412 or email@example.com.
A copy of the City's special events policy and relevant application forms are available from the department of operations (1116 Herring Gull Way), from City Hall or may be downloaded below:
- Community Park Picnic Shelter Reservation Request Form
- Community Park Waterfront Walkway Gazebo Reservation Request Form
- Foster Park Gazebo Reservation Request
- Green Space / Pocket Park Reservation Request
SPECIAL EVENTS APPLICATIONS:
- Parks Use Application (1) For events in any City park that are not specific to above noted venues
- Event Application (1A) For stationary events utilizing City property other than designated parks
- Event Application (1B) For moving events occurring on City streets/property (i.e. parades / runs / walks)
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
To be included with all venue booking or special events applications involving
groups over 100 persons
- BEER GARDEN APPLICATIONS (1c)
For any events requesting permission for a beer garden on any City property
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BEER GARDEN To accompany all Beer Garden Applications
- COMMUNITY PARK MAP
- SPECIAL EVENTS POLICY NO. 3.30