PUBLIC NOTICE OF DEVELOPMENT VARIANCE PERMIT
Public Notice is hereby given that City Council, having deferred consideration on May 20, 2020, intends to consider whether to issue a Development Variance Permit during the regular meeting of Council to be held on Monday, June 1, 2020, at 6 pm in the Forum at the Parksville Civic and Technology Centre, 100 Jensen Avenue East, Parksville, BC. The proceedings of the meeting may be viewed at the following link: https://www.parksville.ca/cms.asp?wpID=445
The general intent of the Development Variance Permit, if approved, is to facilitate the siting of a multi-unit residential development by varying the following:
- reduction in minimum dimension of useable open space to facilitate privacy screens;
- reduction in the minimum setback for buildings from the front lot line;
- reduction in the number of required off-street parking spaces; and,
- increase in the maximum allowable fence height to facilitate decorative trellises within the front lot line setback.
Specifically, the purpose of the variances to “City of Parksville Zoning and Development Bylaw, 1994, No. 2000” are as follows:
- Section 104 - that minimum dimension defined for useable open space be relaxed from 6.1 m to 3.4 m to facilitate privacy screens;
- Section 204.3 – that the minimum building setback from the front lot line be relaxed from 6.0 m to 4.5 m to facilitate a townhouse building;
- Section 407 – that the minimum number of required off-street parking spaces for Residential, Medium Density/High Density Multifamily be relaxed from 1.5 to 1.2 parking spaces per dwelling unit; and,
- Section 501.2 (b) – that the maximum permitted fence height requirement for townhouses be relaxed from 2.0 m to 3.0 m for fence trellises located in proximity to the front lot line.
The Development Variance Permit, if approved, will apply to the subject property at 352 Hirst Avenue West [LOT 5, DISTRICT LOT 14, NANOOSE DISTRICT, PLAN 5797] as shown shaded on the map below:
Council’s decision shall apply to subsequent owners of the property.
Copies of the permit application are available for viewing from April 7, 2020, until June 1, 2020, on the City of Parksville website at the following link: https://parksville.civicweb.net/document/42654
Copies of the permit application my also be requested by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments on the Development Variance Permit application may be submitted in writing before 4 pm on Monday, June 1, 2020, by email to Council@parksville.ca or by post to Council, City of Parkville, PO Box 1390, Parksville, BC V9P 2H3. Comments may be made in person at the meeting upon introduction of the application.
Director of Community Planning and Building
2020 COUNCIL MEETING DATES
Pursuant to Section 127 of the Community Charter and "Council Procedure Bylaw, 2018, No. 1541" a schedule of dates, times and places of City of Parksville regular municipal Council and Committee meetings for the year 2020 is posted on the City notice board at the Civic and Technology Centre, 100 Jensen Avenue East, Parksville BC, for viewing during regular office hours of 8 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday, excluding statutory holidays.