Voyent Alert! Notifications
Introducing Voyent Alert!
In times of crisis it is important residents have access to trusted, timely and accurate information to ensure their own safety and that of their family and loved ones. In response to this need, the City of Parksville and the Town of Qualicum Beach have chosen Voyent Alert! to serve the Parksville-Qualicum Beach area.
Voyent Alert! is a multi-purpose communication service used to send alerts to residents, businesses and visitors during critical events such as floods, wildfires or other emergencies in the region. As well, Parksville and Qualicum Beach will each use the notification system for a variety of non-critical notifications specific to each municipality. This notification system is an initiative of Emergency Management Oceanside on behalf of the City of Parksville and Town of Qualicum Beach.
If you live outside the City of Parksville and wish to receive Parksville specific notifications, use this postal code to register – V9P 2H3What you can expect with Voyent Alert!
- Personalized communications - Voyent Alert! provides informative communications. Critical information such as the distance and direction from an incident, time of intercept and preferred evacuation routes from your tracked locations are provided.
- Track multiple locations - Voyent Alert! allows you to create and track multiple locations such as “kid’s school,” “my work location” or “Mom’s house”. Any event or communication related to your tracked locations will be forwarded to you along your preferred communication channel.
- No message fatigue - Voyent Alert!’s smart alerting capabilities ensure you are only notified when a communication is relevant to you or one of the locations you are tracking.
- Communications your way - Receive alerts over a wide variety of communication channels including mobile apps, text/SMS alerting, email or voice calling. You can register for all or just one.
- Privacy is paramount - Registration is anonymous, and no information provided is shared or used for marketing or data purposes. Locational information from your tracked locations is only used to determine its proximity to an alert event and to provide critical context within the communications (such as distance and direction).
- Leaving is easy - Both mobile applications and web-based accounts provide access to an unsubscribe feature accessed via the menu icon on the top right of the screen/page. If you wish to leave the service, simply click on the “Unsubscribe” button to no longer receive notifications.
Should you have questions, please contact:
Kate Pocock, Emergency Program Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org