Garbage and Recycling
- Customizable collection cart sizes to best suit your household needs
- No weight restrictions
- Improved worker health and safety
- Improved neighbourhood esthetics by keeping materials contained
- Reduced human-wildlife interactions
- Easy to roll carts with attached lids for convenient and efficient disposal of recyclables, food waste and garbage.
- Real-time information for better customer service.
For more information:
- To exchange or replace carts and report missing or damaged carts visit the RDN's Curbside Collection Online Portal
- Visit https://www.getinvolved.rdn.ca/curbsidecollection for information on pick up schedules, a list of helpful FAQ’s and up-to-date information on the upcoming curbside collection service change.
Food Waste Bin CollectionWeekly food waste collection remain part of the automated curbside collection service for all single family homes in Parksville. The food waste composting program is an important part of the RDN's Zero Waste Plan and a key step in achieving the overall goal of diverting 90% of the region’s waste from the landfill.
These items are prohibited:
- Lawn clippings or yard trimmings
- Plastics including biodegradable bags
- Soil, sod or rocks
- Diapers and other personal hygiene items
- Pet waste
- Line your containers with newspaper, paper bags or certified compostable bags or place your scraps in loose.
- No plastic bags, plastic containers, Styrofoam, metal or glass in the food waste bin.
The Church Road Transfer Station, located at 860 Church Road, Parksville, receives residential and commercial waste (School District 69). The Transfer Station is open daily 8 am to 5 pm and closed on statutory holidays.
Collection Route Lookup and What goes where?
Garbage, food waste and recycling collection information is available here.