Garbage and Recycling
CURBSIDE COLLECTIONThrough their Solid Waste Management Plan , the Regional District of Nanaimo provides an automated curbside collection service for all single-family dwelling units within the City of Parksville.
The service provides City residents with:
- Food waste collected weekly
- Garbage collected every two weeks alternating weeks with recycling
- Recycling collected every two weeks, alternating weeks with your garbage
- No weight restrictions
- Customizable collection cart sizes to best suit household needs
- Improved neighbourhood esthetics by keeping materials contained
- Reduced human-wildlife interactions
- Easy to roll carts with attached lids for convenient and efficient disposal of recyclables, food waste and garbage
- Real-time information for better customer service
For more information:
- For detailed information on acceptable materials and which items go in which cart, please refer to the What Goes Where guide.
- To exchange, replace or report missing/damaged carts, visit Curbside Collection Online Portal.
- For information on pickup schedules, frequently asked questions and upcoming curbside collection service changes, visit www.getinvolved.rdn.ca/curbsidecollection
- To report a missed collection or for other service questions, phone Waste Connections of Canada at 250 248-8109 or tollfree at 1 866 999-8227.
Food Waste Bin Collection
Weekly food waste collection is part of the automated curbside collection service for single family homes in Parksville. The food waste composting program is an important part of the RDN's Zero Waste Plan and a key step in achieving the overall goal of diverting 90% of the Regionís waste from the landfill.
Church Road Transfer Station
Located at 860 Church Road, Parksville, the transfer station receives residential and commercial waste (District 69). The station is open daily, 8 am to 5 pm and closed on statutory holidays.
Collection Route Lookup and What goes where?
Garbage, food waste and recycling collection information is available here.