Sports Field and Ball Diamonds
There are two baseball diamonds on the sports field. The sports field is used for many different activities. Unorganized or "pick up" games do not require field bookings. Information below on park bookings. Please refer to sports field regulations [link to Sports Field Regulations]
The Parksville Community Park boasts several large sand beach volleyball courts. During the summer, courts are home to some of the largest youth and adult volleyball leagues, camps and tournaments in BC. The courts are also available for casual public use, although users must supply their own equipment, including nets.
An outdoor lacrosse box perfect for games of lacrosse or street hockey is located near the entrance to the park.
Parksville's only skateboard park is in the Parksville Community Park adjacent to the sand volleyball courts. The park features half pipes, boxes, rails and ramps for all skill levels, and it is not unusual to see experienced skateboarders co-existing with young children on bicycles. The park is used primarily for skateboarding and BMX biking. The use of helmets is recommended for users. Additional regulations are posted onsite at the skateboard park and users are asked to follow "skate park etiquette".
Tennis and Pickleball
Two tennis courts are in the centre of the park which are also lined for pickleball. Additional tennis courts are located at Springwood Park. To ensure the tennis courts are enjoyed by everyone, your compliance with the following tennis court etiquette is appreciated.
- When people are waiting to play, court time is limited to one set, or a maximum of 60 minutes.
- Activities other than tennis or pickleball are not permitted on courts (such as hockey, skateboarding).
If you're looking to play an old-fashioned game of horseshoes, this is the spot! We maintain eight horseshoe pits located near the picnic shelter in the Community Park. Users must supply their own horseshoes.
The kite field is a large green space located near the beach in the Parksville Community Park. When the field isn't busy with major events, you'll find people flying kites, playing Frisbee or soccer, or simply enjoying the space.
Bookings in Parksville Community Park
- To book the tennis courts for a league, camp or tournament, contact the operations department at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To book the lacrosse box, sports fields or ball diamonds for organized leagues, camps or events, contact the Regional District of Nanaimo at email@example.com or 250 752-5014.
- To book a special event in the park including use of the picnic shelter or waterfront gazebo, download an application form here or contact the operations department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please refer to sports field regulations.