Special Events Procedures
The City of Parksville invites applications from community organizations and private citizens wishing to hold special events at a variety of City-owned venues.
- Parksville Civic and Technology Centre grounds
(100 Jensen Avenue East)
- Parksville Community Park
- Picnic shelter
- Waterfront Walkway gazebo
- Arbutus Point (Labyrinth Area)
- Beach volleyball courts
- Kite field
- Skateboard Park
- Springwood Park
- Foster Park (gazebo)
- Off-leash Dog Park (Despard Avenue)
- Individual City green spaces
- City streets for walks, marathons, cycling events and/or parades
For use of the baseball/soccer fields and lacrosse box, contact Regional District of Nanaimo’s Recreation and Parks Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested parties may obtain copies of the City's Special Events Policy and relevant application forms from the Department of Operations at 1116 Herring Gull Way, from City Hall at 100 Jensen Avenue East, Parksville, or download the policy and forms from the City's website.
Applications for events to be held in 2016 are now being accepted and the review process will begin January 29, 2016. As per policy, where conflicting dates occur, annual events will be given priority provided the request is received no later than the January 29 deadline, after which date the application will be addressed on the same basis as first-time events. First-time events will be handled on a first come, first served basis depending on venue availability.
Special event applications received after January 29 must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event date and will be subject to the same terms and conditions as those applications received prior to January 29, 2016.
For more information, contact the Operations Department at 250 248-5412.
A copy of the City's Special Events Policy and relevant application forms are available from the Department of Operations (1116 Herring Gull Way), from City Hall or may be downloaded below:
- Special Events Policy No. 3.30
- Food Concessions in the Park Policy No. 3.18
- Terms and Conditions for Use of City of Parksville Facilities
- Parks Use Application 1 (Event in any City Park)
- Event Application 1A (Stationary Event held at venue other than in a City Park)
- Event Application 1B (Walk/Run/Cycle/Parade)
- Event Application 1C (Beer Garden)
- Terms and Conditions for a Beer Garden (Beer Garden T & C)
- Community Park Map
- Foster Park Gazebo Reservation Request 1D (for groups under 100 persons)
- Community Park Gazebo Reservation Request 1E (for groups under 100 persons)
- Community Park Picnic Shelter Request 1F (for groups under 100 persons)
- McMillan St Waterfront Gazebo Reservation Request 1G (for groups under 100 persons)
- Green space / Pocket Park Reservation Request 1G (for groups under 100 persons)