Electric Vehicle Charging
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in ParksvilleThree electric vehicle charging stations are available in Parksville, supported by funding from the provinceís Community Charging Infrastructure Fund. There is no cost to use the charging stations which are part of the FLO Network https://www.flo.com/en-CA/
CHARGING TIME MAXIMUM LIMIT-TWO HOURS
LOCATION OF STATIONS IN PARKSVILLE
- Station AAA-270 and Station AAA-273 are located at the Parksville Civic and Technology Centre, 100 Jensen Avenue East (back of building near the Cenotaph). Accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Station AAA-274 is centrally located in the Parksville Community Park between the playground and the tennis courts at Corfield Street North and Island Highway East. Accessible seven days a week from 7:30 am to 11 pm
There is no cost to the car owner/driver. Please note: two hour charging time maximum.
WHAT DO I NEED IN ORDER TO CHARGE MY VEHICLE?
To use the station, you will need to be a member of the FLO network to manage your charging experience.
- Create a FLO account https://account.flo.ca/Account/Login
- Add funds to your account using a credit card
- Download the free FLO mobile app and/or order a FLO card via your account ($15 charge applies).
Having a card is more convenient, as it makes using the machine a tap and go. The network card has the benefit of providing the account holder with a precise summary of electricity used per session/per month. Maps of local stations are shown below. The card account can be preloaded with funds to handle stations that charge a fee.
WHY DID THE CITY OF PARKSVILLE INSTALL THESE CHARGERS?
The demand for chargers is expected to increase as the publicís confidence in this technology grows. While 90% of electric vehicle charging is expected to take place at home, public electric vehicle charging stations play an important role in decreasing the fear of not being able to charge while on the road.