CITY TENNIS COURT CLOSURESIncluded here is information for upcoming closures of City tennis courts. Based on this schedule, the City will work with the contractor to ensure closures are kept to a minimum.
Community Park – May 9-13
Courts will be closed on day in the week of May 9 to May 13 for pickleball lining.
Springwood Park – May 9-26
- Courts will be closed for scheduling cleaning the week of May 9 to May 13.
- Courts will resurfaced between May 14 to May 26. The contractor will resurface three courts at a time and once completed, will then work on the next three. This should shorten the time the courts are closed to the public.
- Operations Department 250 248-5412
SPECIAL EVENTS APPLICATION PROCEDURES
The City of Parksville invites applications from community organizations and private citizens wishing to hold special events at a variety of City-owned venues.
For use of the baseball/soccer fields and the lacrosse box, contact the Regional District of Nanaimo at email@example.com
- Parksville Civic and Technology Centre grounds at 100 Jensen Avenue East
- Parksville Community Park
- Picnic shelter
- Waterfront Walkway gazebo
- Beach volleyball courts
- Kite field
- Skateboard Park
- Springwood Park
- Foster Park (gazebo)
- Off Leash Dog Park (Despard Avenue)
- Individual City green spaces
- City streets for walks, marathons, cycling events and/or parades
Interested parties may obtain copies of the City's special events policy and relevant application forms from the Department of Engineering and Operations at 1116 Herring Gull Way, from City Hall at 100 Jensen Avenue East or downloaded from the City's website at http://parksville.ca/cms.asp?wpID=133.
Applications for events to be held in 2015 will be accepted starting January 1, 2015, and the review process will begin January 31, 2015. As per policy, where conflicting dates occur, annual events will be given priority provided the request is received no later than the January 31 deadline, after which date the application will be addressed on the same basis as first time events. First time events will be handled on a first come, first served basis depending on venue availability.
Special event applications received after January 31 must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event date and will be subject to the same terms and conditions as those applications received prior to January 31.
For more information, please call Engineering and Operations at 250 951-2484.