There are several local organizations that work with and assist the Oceanside RCMP detachment to keep our community safe.
The Oceanside RCMP Detachment offers online reporting of property crime less than $5,000 where there is no suspect or witnesses. As well, this service may be used to report a driving complaint that is not in progress. This service when used, has the ability to free up frontline officers to handle other priorities and streamline processes for residents and businesses when reporting property crime. For more information and to report a crime online: https://ocre-sielc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/oceanside/en
Police Based Victim Services
This program is free and provided by people trained to help victims. Inquiries should be directed to the Oceanside RCMP Detachment at 250 248-6111.
- Someone to support you, transportation and someone to be with you for meetings with police, Crown Counsel and in court.
- Information on the progress of a police investigation.
- Information on the justice system.
- Help in applying for Criminal Injury Compensation.
- Referral to other services for legal and financial information and for long-term counselling and other services that may include babysitting, help to clean up the scene of a crime and advice on crime prevention.