City Services - COVID-19
GRADUAL RETURN TO SERVICES
The City is working towards a gradual multi-step approach to reopening services in a manner that will maintain and protect public safety. The reopening plan is detailed here:
FINANCE open Monday to Friday – 9 am to noon and 1 pm to 3 pm
At this time, the City of Parksville is offering limited services to the public. The finance department is open to accept property tax payments, utility payments and to process homeowner grants only. We will not issue garbage tags, bus passes or dog tags in June. All other City business is by appointment only.
VISITING PARKSVILLE CIVIC AND TECHNOLOGY CENTRE (100 Jensen Avenue East)
At this time, walk-in services are not available. If you wish to book and appointment with a City staff member, call 250 248-6144 or refer to the contact info on our website. Residents should continue to access services electronically.
Should you wish to contact the other services in the Parksville Civic and Technology Centre, please call:
|Vancouver Island University||250 248-2096|
|School District #69||250 248-4241|
|Vancouver Island Public Library||250 248-3841|
GUIDELINES WHEN VISITING PARKSVILLE CIVIC AND TECHNOLOGY CENTRE BUILDING
When visiting the building, please be respectful of others and patient as there will be delays during this transitional period. A security person will assist with instructions upon entry to the building and will answer any questions you might have about the process.
- Jensen Avenue East is the designated entrance-only and the south door by the Cenotaph is the designated exit-only door..
- Please be patient and respectful as there will be delays during this transitional period. A security person will provide instructions upon entry to the building.
- The number of people in the building at one time is limited and it may be necessary to queue on the Jensen Avenue sidewalk.
- Washrooms remain closed to the public.
- To ensure safe transition, visitors will be required to take a number of steps. Physical distance markers will indicate flow, hand sanitizer is provided and procedures will be provided upon entry to building.
- Most importantly, respect safety protocols – wash/sanitize hands thoroughly and often, cover your cough or sneeze, limit your time if others are waiting and stay home if sick.
Meetings are held in the Forum. To accommodate physical distancing and attendance of Council/staff, seating is extremely limited. The public is encouraged to avoid all in-person meetings. The City has provided specific instructions to be followed when attending a Council meeting. These guidelines can be viewed here.Unless there is a reason to attend in person, please continue to view meetings from webcasting, livestreamed or archived. As well, comments may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information and resources are available from Let's Talk Parksville
Please refer questions to email@example.com or call 250 248-6144.