- This offer is only for businesses or owners of existing properties located within City of Parksville municipal boundaries.
- Trees must be planted in the ground on private property to be eligible; trees may not be planted on City boulevards, right-of-ways or any other location. Trees in pots or containers are not eligible.
- Any tree or fruit tree that will attain a mature height over 4.9 metres (16 feet) is eligible for a rebate. Shrubs, bushes and other plantings are not eligible.
- The rebate is for the purchase of one tree up to a maximum of $50. Planting costs are not eligible.
- Property owners may apply for one rebate per property per calendar year.
- Rebates will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis, accepting only valid applications for trees purchased on or after July 1, 2019, until the funding is exhausted.
Those wishing to apply for a rebate are required to complete an application form and provide proof of purchase and planting. The application form is available here.
Trees can reduce stress levels and fatigue, calm traffic; provide privacy, emphasize views or screen out unsightly views; enhance architecture; increase property values; moderate the environment; improve air quality; and reduce storm water runoff. As trees offer numerous community benefits, this rebate is offered to encourage the growth of an "urban forest" in Parksville.
For further information on this program, please contact the City operations department at 250 248-5412 or email@example.com