Victim Assistance Program
This is a police based program funded by the Solicitor General and the RDN. The help offered is free of charge and provided by people trained to help victims.
Services offered include:
- someone to support you;
- information on the progress of a police investigation;
- transportation and someone to be with you for meetings with police, Crown Counsel, and at court;
- information on the justice system;
- help in applying for Criminal Injury Compensation;
- referral to other services for legal and financial information and for long-term counselling and other services that may include babysitting, help to clean up the scene of a crime and advice on crime prevention.