Community Park Master Plan
The public engagement process included conversations with local First Nations, three interactive community events, interviews with 17 identified park user groups, and two public opinion surveys targeted at residents and tourists. The consultation involved approximately 1,400 participants.
Five guiding principles for the Community Park Master Plan were developed from feedback generated through the public consultation process:
- Celebrate the unique culture and heritage of the Parksville community
- Create a more accessible park for everyone
- Support sustainable infrastructure use and maintenance
- Protect the natural environment and waterfront
- Encourage fun and vibrant activities in the Community Park
The 2017 Community Park Master Plan conforms to the 2013 Parksville Official Community Plan (OCP) and City of Parksville policies and bylaws. Although the Community Park Master Plan relates to the 2005 Parks and Open Space Master Plan, it is not in conformance as the plan will be reviewed in 2018.