Community Park Master Plan
The public engagement process included conversations with local First Nations, three interactive community events, interviews with many identified park user groups, and two public opinion surveys targeted at residents and tourists. The consultation involved about 1,400 participants.
Five guiding principles for the Community Park Master Plan were developed from feedback generated through the public consultation process:
- Celebrate the unique culture and heritage of the Parksville community
- Create a more accessible park for everyone
- Support sustainable infrastructure use and maintenance
- Protect the natural environment and waterfront
- Encourage fun and vibrant activities in the Community Park
The updated Community Park Master Plan conforms to the 2013 Parksville Official Community Plan and City of Parksville policies and bylaws. Although the Community Park Master Plan relates to the 2005 Parks and Open Space Master Plan, it is not in conformance as the Parks, Trails and Open Spaces Master Plan is currently under review. On September 17, 2018, Council approved implementation of the Community Park Master Plan with revised priorities.