Chamber of Commerce
Voice of Local Business
The Parksville & District Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organization comprised of about 500 businesses, professionals, residents and community groups working collectively as “the voice of business” to promote economic and social prosperity for the benefit of Parksville and the surrounding area.
The Chamber of Commerce plays an active role in communicating the membership's informed opinion and positions on policy to government at the municipal, regional, provincial and national level. The Parksville & District Chamber of Commerce has developed a strong working relationship with local government, although it is not a support organization for any government body.
The Chamber is the economic development function for the City and is active in business attraction, business succession planning and business retention and expansion.
The Parksville & District Chamber of Commerce was established in 1927 and has served the business community and residents of the region for over 75 years. The Parksville & District Chamber of Commerce works with the City of Parksville, the Parksville Qualicum Beach Tourism Association, the Parksville Downtown Business Association and the Chambers of Commerce in Qualicum Beach and Nanaimo to provide residents with a first-class community where they can live, work, play and prosper.
The main priorities of the Parksville & District Chamber of Commerce are outlined here:
• Be the active Voice of Local Business
• Be a catalyst for business owners/operators to network and cross promote
• Facilitate business training for the local workforce
• Support the efforts of community groups sponsoring the many events in the community
• Host the Community Awards, the Summer By The Sea Street Market and all-candidates meetings
• Manage the operations of the Parksville Visitor Centre
• Inform the business community of the benefits of various Chamber of Commerce affinity programs
• Develop and support the City of Parksville's economic development strategies.
|1275 Island Highway East|
|PO Box 99|
|Parksville, BC V9P 2G3|