Dedicated Memorial Program
The City's dedicated memorial program provides an opportunity for citizens, community groups, businesses or organizations to donate a bench or tree in honour of a loved one and also enhance our parks.
Bench Donation - $3,000
Includes the cost of a park bench, a bronze plaque (10 x 18 cm), installation, maintenance and repair of the bench for ten years.
Tree Donation - $1,000
Includes a specimen tree chosen by City arborist which is a suitable species for the location, a bronze plaque (10 x 18 cm) on a paving stone for installation at the base of the tree, planting and maintenance for ten years.
Dedicated Memorial Program Application Form
What happens after I submit my application?
- An on-site meeting will be scheduled between the applicant and staff to determine a suitable location within a specific park or trail system.
- Payment will be required after location has been confirmed.
- Plaque will be ordered once inscription has been approved by the applicant. In the case of vandalism or a stolen plaque, the City will provide a one-time free plaque replacement.
- Minimum of eight to ten weeks is required for installation of bench; subject to staff availability with installation times subject to change.
- Tree planting will occur in the late fall or early spring at the discretion of the City arborist.
For more information on this program or if you have questions about the application process, contact 250 248-5412 or firstname.lastname@example.org.