Sports Guidelines COVID-19
GUIDELINES FOR PLAY ON CITY SPORTS COURTS
When playing on City courts in the Parksville Community Park and at Springwood Park, these conditions must be followed to keep players safe. Participants are encouraged to review the VIASport BC guidelines:
- Keep at least two metres (6 feet) distance at all times from those outside your household. Physical distancing must be practiced when attending City facilities.
- Bring two sets of balls with distinct numbers or other unique features so you are able to identify balls.
- Pick up your equipment with your racquet and feet as much as possible.
- Clean your equipment regularly, including racquet and water bottle.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before coming to the courts and sanitize as much as possible while using the courts.
- Wash hands with soap and water as soon as possible after play.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow and avoid touching your face.
- Stay home if sick.
- Do not share equipment, towels, water bottles, food or other personal items.
- Avoid large groups or gatherings – no more than 50 people permitted at a facility.
- Should courts be busy, come back later and limit your time if others are waiting.
- No organized play, training camps, competitions or tournaments permitted.
- Do not high-five, fist bump or hug.
For more information:
- Deb Tardiff, Manager of Communications