You will be required to provide two pieces of identification: one containing your name and address, the other with your name and signature.
If you do not have documentation showing residency, then two pieces of identification (at least one with a signature) are still required and you must then make a solemn declaration as to your residency.
|ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID INCLUDE:|
(Other documents MAY be accepted at the discretion of the PEO)
You may vote in the election as a resident elector if you:
- Are a Canadian citizen; AND
- Are, or will be, 18 years of age or more (October 20, 2000) on or before general voting day; AND
- Have lived in BC for at least 6 months (as of April 19, 2018) prior to registration; AND
- Have lived in or have owned property in Parksville for at least 30 days (as of September 19, 2018) prior to registration; AND
- Are not disqualified from voting by the Local Government Act or any other act.
If you meet all of the above requirements you can vote and it does not matter whether you rent or own your home.
Detailed voter information is included in the attached pdf below.